Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc (THLD): Opiniones

12,3K respuestas
2 suscriptores
Página
242 / 1.539

Re: Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc (THLD): Opiniones

Tercat, este informe de Ohad Hammer es del 4/3/12....creo que ya se posteo en este hilo en su dia...nada que ver con la sesión de ayer

En principio no es bueno ni malo, solo son datos, y los datos que ellos manejan es un indice que mide el precio de la acción con el valor en libros de la compañía.
Según ese indice se pretende detectar acciones de compañías sobrevaloradas, esta valoración en libros se hace en función de valores tangibles, sin embargo en la reseña ya advierte que en esta valoración no están incluidos valores intangibles.
En el caso de Threshold el valor intangible es que sus medicamentos están en fase de análisis y cuantas más fases pasen y más positivos sean los resultados mejor sería el valor de la compañia. Y si esos no son los resultados esperados entonces seguramente si que bajarán las expectativas de la compañía y por lo tanto el precio de sus acciones.

Saludos

Hola
La noticia en sí es buena, pero no lo más relevante en una compañía de este tipo, donde los fundamentales a corto son lo de menos, lo importante son las expectativas a largo plazo.
P. ej., si todos los ensayos en fase 2 salieran positivos, seguirían con fases 3, lo que los puede llevar -es más, los llevará seguro, otra cosa es que Merck u otro se los cofinancien- a mayores pérdidas. Y, sin embargo, la acción se dispararía...
Por otro lado -y en positivo- un P/E de 20 es muy bajo para una start-up en biotech. De hecho, la mayoría tienen N/A porque, al no tener ingresos, saldría infinito, y no pasa nada. Así que, por ahí, tu cálculo es muy conservador
S2

La opinión de un experto en biotechs. Habla también de otras farmas y lo expone de forma muy sencilla.

http://jutiagroup.com/20120323-looking-for-innovative-small-cap-biotech-companies-george-zavoico/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TLSR: With your background in biology, I know you like to evaluate unusual technology with broad applications.

GZ: I like to look at the science and see if I can be convinced that it could work. I like companies that are looking at targets that might be more broadly effective and overlooked by others. The best example of that right now is Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc. (THLD:NASDAQ). Their TH-302 is a hypoxia (oxygen deficit)-activated prodrug (a molecule activated or metabolized into its active form following administration). The activated drug is bromo-isophosphoramide, which is structurally related to cytotoxic nitrogen mustard drugs. Just about all tumors have regions of hypoxia, where traditional chemotherapy is ineffective because it can’t diffuse into that region. But TH-302 is activated in areas of tumor hypoxia. This is an example of a potentially broadly applicable product.

The company was rewarded with very positive results from a Phase 2b trial in pancreatic cancer, where patients were treated with TH-302 in combination with gemcitabine. The idea here is to use the gemcitabine to kill the cells that are in the normoxic (normally oxygenated) region, and use the TH-302 to reach deep into the tumor to kill the cells that are hypoxic. Results showed a 63% improvement in progression-free survival in patients taking the combination. Pancreatic cancer is exceedingly difficult to treat, and I think there have been no drugs since gemcitabine that have shown any comparable level of efficacy. Of course, the final results are going to be about overall survival.

TLSR: When will we hear about overall survival?

GZ: Those results are going to be reported toward the end of the year.

TLSR: This stock is up 421% over the last 12 weeks. Is it still a Buy?

GZ: I believe so.

TLSR: What positive news spiked Threshold’s stock over the past three months?

GZ: There were two pieces of news. The first, in early February, was an announcement that the company had struck a partnership agreement with Merck KGaA (MKGAY:OTCPK) of Darmstadt, Germany. The total value was over $500 million (M) upfront and in development and commercial milestones. Then there was the data from the pancreatic cancer trial.

Muy interesante la información de este experto, habrá que tenerlo en cuenta.
S2

Brokers destacados