3 respuestas
Seguimiento Cartera Robert Vinall
1 suscriptores

Abro hilo para seguir la cartera de Robert Vinall

En la última carta comenta lo siguiente
Dealing with Drawdowns

In the almost 15 years I have been advising the Business Owner Fund, this is the third time that there has been a large drawdown in the price of the fund. It happens.

I am conscious though that there is a difference between knowing something happens and experiencing it. In theory, we should be rejoicing at such a rich buying opportunity. In practice, it hurts.

I am also conscious that it is the first time the fund has experienced such a large drawdown whilst equity markets overall have been comparatively benign (though there was no shortage of bad, in fact, terrible news in the quarter).

I do not provide commentary on a single quarter’s performance for the simple reason that I believe it is random. Providing ex-post explanations for price movements implies a predictability to stock prices that simply does not exist.

The share prices of companies are driven in the long run by their earnings power. As a rule, a single quarter rarely provides much in the way of insight into a company’s long-term earnings power – although this does not stop analysts from extrapolating recent trends to draw conclusions about it. The only exception to this rule is that a company can, of course, unravel in a quarter, but I am happy to report none of our companies suffered any kind of mortal setback in the quarter – not even close.

I am nevertheless happy to jump on the phone to catch up and discuss anything which is on your mind. It is part of my mission that my investors have not just a good financial experience but also a good emotional one. I can imagine that for some of you, the need to talk is greater now than during more normal periods. Feel free to shoot me an email to schedule a call, or just call my cell.

Re: Seguimiento Cartera Robert Vinall

La convicción es el 100% del éxito en una cartera activa. Momentos como este, definen al inversor y su apuesta de futuro. 

Re: Seguimiento Cartera Robert Vinall

RV es de super conviccion
Te puede interesar...
  1. SP500 en máximos con gran debilidad interna
  2. Las Bolsas reviven en mayo bajo el liderazgo de las tecnológicas
  3. El gráfico semanal: Salesforce y la compleja búsqueda del equilibrio en la valoración de las tecnológicas
Brokers destacados