ABBV es una empresa del sector farmacéutico centrada sobre todo en enfermedades como la hepatitis C, las enfermedades neurológicas y la oncología. La compañía está especializada en tratamientos avanzados para enfermedades complejas. Así nos la introducía @Imarlo en su análisis fundamental de ABBV.
En la última semana su precio de cotización ha bajado un 13% pasando de $89 a $77.
¿Creéis que puede ser un buen momento para invertir en ABBV?
Responsable de la Comunidad en Rankia y Autor del blog "Salvando mis finanzas" donde cuento cómo, dónde y por qué invierto en bolsa.
Yo estoy dentro a 81$, y si se acercara a 70, metería más. El problema que ha tenido, es que a su producto estrella Humira, le ha salido competencia en Europa, con productos más baratos e igualmente de eficaces. Eso va a hacer que su crecimiento se frene, y obligará a innovar. Si no recortan el reparto de dividendos, a estos precios el rédito es excelente.
Comunicado de la compañía
AbbVie Inc. (NYSE: ABBV) and Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) announced that the companies have entered into a definitive transaction agreement under which AbbVie will acquire Allergan in a cash and stock transaction for a transaction equity value of approximately $63 billion, based on the closing price of AbbVie's common stock of $78.45 on June 24, 2019.
"This is a transformational transaction for both companies and achieves unique and complementary strategic objectives," said Richard A. Gonzalez, chairman and chief executive officer, AbbVie. "The combination of AbbVie and Allergan increases our ability to continue to deliver on our mission to patients and shareholders. With our enhanced growth platform to fuel industry-leading growth, this strategy allows us to diversify AbbVie's business while sustaining our focus on innovative science and the advancement of our industry-leading pipeline well into the future."
"This acquisition creates compelling value for Allergan's stakeholders, including our customers, patients and shareholders. With 2019 annual combined revenue of approximately $48 billion, scale in more than 175 countries, an industry-leading R&D pipeline and robust cash flows, our combined company will have the opportunity to make even bigger contributions to global health than either can alone," said Brent Saunders, chairman and chief executive officer, Allergan. "Our fast-growing therapeutic areas, including our world class medical aesthetics, eye care, CNS and gastrointestinal businesses, will enhance AbbVie's strong growth platform and create substantial value for shareholders of both companies."
- New growth platforms and leadership positions to diversify and expand revenue base: The combined company will consist of several attractive franchises with leadership positions across immunology, hematologic oncology, medical aesthetics, neuroscience, women's health, eye care and virology. Allergan's product portfolio will be enhanced by AbbVie's commercial strength, expertise and international infrastructure.
- Immediate scale and enhanced profitability for AbbVie's growth platform: AbbVie's enhanced growth platform, comprised of growing and durable franchises across highly-attractive therapeutic areas, is expected to grow at a high-single digit annual growth rate well into the next decade, from more than $30 billion in 2020.
- Financially attractive with immediate EPS accretion: This transaction is expected to be 10% accretive to adjusted earnings per share over the first full year following the close of the transaction, with peak accretion of greater than 20%.1 ROIC is expected to exceed AbbVie'scost of capital within the first full year.
- Significant cash flow generation: The success and scale of the combined commercial business ensures funding capacity and flexibility for simultaneous robust pipeline investment, debt reduction and capital return to shareholders. The combined companies generated $19 billion in operating cash flow in 2018.
Structure and Governance
Upon completion of the transaction, AbbVie will continue to be incorporated in Delaware as AbbVie Inc. and have its principal executive offices in North Chicago, Ill. AbbVie will continue to be led by Richard A. Gonzalez as chairman and chief executive officer. Two members of Allergan's Board, including chairman and chief executive officer, Brent Saunders, will join AbbVie's Board upon completion of the transaction.
Under the terms of the Transaction Agreement, Allergan Shareholders will receive 0.8660 AbbVie Shares and $120.30 in cash for each Allergan Share that they hold, for a total consideration of $188.24 per Allergan Share.2 The transaction represents a 45% premium to the closing price of Allergan's Shares on June 24, 2019.
AbbVie anticipates that the Acquisition will provide annual pre-tax synergies and other cost reductions of at least $2 billion in year three while leaving investments in key growth franchises untouched. The synergies and other cost reductions will be a result of optimizing the research and early stage portfolio, and reducing overlapping R&D resources (~50%), driving efficiencies in SG&A, including sales and marketing and central support function costs (~40%), and eliminating redundancies in manufacturing and supply chain, and leveraging procurement spend (~10%). The synergies estimate excludes any potential revenue synergies.3
AbbVie is expected to generate significant annual operating cash flow, which will support a debt reduction target of $15 to $18 billion before the end of 2021, while also enabling a continued commitment to Baa2/BBB or better credit rating and continued dividend growth.
It is expected that, immediately after the closing of the Acquisition, AbbVie Shareholders will own approximately 83% of AbbVie on a fully diluted basis and the Allergan Shareholders will own approximately 17% of AbbVie on a fully diluted basis.
The transaction is subject to the Conditions set out in Appendix III of the Rule 2.5 Announcement, including certain regulatory approvals and approval by Allergan's Shareholders.
AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), a research-based global biopharmaceutical company, will announce its second-quarter 2019 financial results on Friday, July 26 before the market opens. AbbVie will host a live webcast of the earnings conference call at 8 a.m. Central time (9 a.m. Eastern). It will be accessible through AbbVie's Investor Relations website investors.abbvie.com.
Perfil de la Empresa: ABBVIE INC. (AbbVie) es una compañía biofarmacéutica basada en la investigación. La compañía se dedica al descubrimiento, desarrollo, fabricación y venta de una gama de productos farmacéuticos. Sus productos se centran en el tratamiento de enfermedades, como las enfermedades autoinmunes crónicas en reumatología, gastroenterología y dermatología; oncología, incluidos cánceres de sangre; virología, incluido el virus de la hepatitis C (VHC) y el virus de la inmunodeficiencia humana (VIH); trastornos neurológicos, tales como la enfermedad de Parkinson y la esclerosis múltiple; enfermedades metabólicas, incluida la enfermedad tiroidea y las complicaciones asociadas con la fibrosis quística, y otras enfermedades graves. Ofrece productos en diversa categorías, incluyendo HUMIRA (adalimumab), productos oncológicos, productos de virología, productos adicionales de virología, productos Metabolics / Hormones, productos de endocrinología y otros productos, que incluyen Duopa y Duodopa (carbidopa y levodopa), productos de anestesia y ZINBRYTA ( daclizumab).
#inversiones #inversores #invertirenbolsa #invertir
• Worldwide net revenues were $8.619 billion, an increase of 10.1 percent on a reported basis, or 10.7 percent operationally, including a 240 basis point stocking benefit related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Global HUMIRA net revenues of $4.703 billion increased 5.8 percent on a reported basis, or 6.4 percent operationally. U.S. HUMIRA net revenues were $3.656 billion, an increase of 13.7 percent. Internationally, HUMIRA net revenues were $1.047 billion, a decrease of 14.9 percent on a reported basis, or 12.8 percent operationally, due to biosimilar competition.
• Global net revenues from the hematologic oncology portfolio were $1.549 billion, an increase of 32.1 percent on a reported basis, or 32.3 percent operationally. Global IMBRUVICA net revenues were $1.232 billion, an increase of 20.6 percent, with U.S. net revenues of $966 million and international profit sharing of $266 million. Global VENCLEXTA net revenues were $317 million.
• Global SKYRIZI net revenues were $300 million and global RINVOQ net revenues were $86 million.
• On a GAAP basis, the gross margin ratio in the first quarter was 77.5 percent. The adjusted gross margin ratio was 82.7 percent.
• On a GAAP basis, selling, general and administrative expense was 19.7 percent of net revenues. The adjusted SG&A expense was 18.6 percent of net revenues. • On a GAAP basis, research and development expense was 16.0 percent of net revenues. The adjusted R&D expense was 14.3 percent of net revenues, reflecting funding actions supporting all stages of our pipeline.
• On a GAAP basis, the operating margin in the first quarter was 41.8 percent. The adjusted operating margin was 49.8 percent.
• On a GAAP basis, net interest expense was $428 million. The adjusted net interest expense was $284 million.
• On a GAAP basis, the tax rate in the quarter was 2.8 percent. The adjusted tax rate was 9.7 percent. • Diluted EPS in the first quarter was $2.02 on a GAAP basis. Adjusted diluted EPS, excluding specified items, was $2.42, including a $0.09 stocking benefit related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Disclaimer de Contenido