Novavax (NVAX): Un Nuevo Comienzo
82 suscriptores
Novavax (NVAX): Un Nuevo Comienzo
Página
994 / 2.227

Re: Novavax (NVAX): Un Nuevo Comienzo

Sabeis sin BK tiene esa opcion?

A ver mañana cómo amanecemos, como vea un sell off la decisión la tengo tomada, o compro put o líquido posición si es al precio de viernes.

No me gusta ni un pelo como se está poniendo el tema de la nueva cepa de UK. Que dicho sea de paso, estoy convencido de que está ya, como poco, por toda Europa. Tengo muy presente este enlace. Y me está dando la sensación que hay gato encerrado viendo los movimientos que están realizando los países.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/uid/nQzQS2i3/order/asc/#

Pero digo que afectará a todas, o solo s novavax? Es más, novavax es posible que supiera lo de la cepa esta y por eso esta tardando algo mas en publicar...es por dar algo de optimismo porque veo mucho sentimiento negativo 

Según he leído las vacunas de Pfizer y Moderna se adaptarían “ más fácil”  que la de Novavax. Espero que esto NO SEA CIERTO! 

En este artículo dicen que las vacunas se actualizan y que no debería de afectar a la eficacia  de las mismas. Al final todos estos casos nos deberían llevar a un escenario muy probable e inminente de noticias de la fase III en UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55388846

En principio sería hasta al revés, la de NVAX debería proteger mejor que las otras. Además no se sabe si pierden eficacia las vacunas con esta mutación. Ojalá funcionen igual, pero podría ser hasta una gran ventaja para NVAX.

Lo que decía ayer, vosotros creeis que novavax no estaba ya contando con eso? Estos dos meses nos da cierta ventaja, a la menor noticia confirmada de que novavax es mejor respecto a la mutación que moderna o pzfier, se dispara el valor de la accion porque habría ostias por comprar vacunas de novavax 

Red respondiendo si la respuesta que provoca Matrix-M podría ser un diferenciador con respecto a estas variaciones:

Depth vs breadth

The data shows a few things. The depth of certain responses is the titers. 25-40% higher titers but not double triple times 5 or 10 fold. Good solid equal or better.
But breadth of responses is different and that is recognition of distinct epitopes/antigens that other vaccines fail to induce. The drift strain data is showing some epitope broadening where antigenic sites (epitopes) found on the stalk under the more variable head of the H antigen. This suggests that these epitopes are being presented in a manner that is not present in other detergent extracted antigens. It appears to be a function of the particulate nanoparticles that natural looking stalks and heads are formed. It’s a physical presentation and resulting exposure of otherwise hidden sites (hidden in other vaccines).

So it’s not as much the depth as it is the breadth of response. The depth is not to be dismissed. But the particulate presentation of the spike in 2373 is also apparently a significant key to their relative success so far. But once again we are likely looking at questions of both depth and breadth. The later is the delivery system making the particulates.

--

Sobre si se mirará de qué variante es el positivo:

UK labs should be keen to show this. I would expect they are setting up PCR tests to differentiate the two strains. I believe they can do this now, but did not have the impetus to do so two months ago when the study started enrollling. So I hope they have retained samples for sequence analysis. If frequency of this new strain is as high as noted, a significant % of the placebo positive cases will be the variant. If they have sequenced all positives in the trial they can make some claims. If they don’t have a full data set then we can only get some hints. Any cluster of variants in placebo that is not seen in the vaccine group and this result will be differentiating until MRNA/PFE can see similar data emerge.
I am hopeful here that sequencing of all isolates in the study can be obtained. I don’t recall seeing such a provision in the protocol, only that positives are PCR confirmed. That means PCR samples could have been retained. It is also possible the UK NHS central labs likely have been seeking vaccine study isolates in greater details. If sequencing was not conducted the back door is of course neutralizing titer responses to wild type and variant virus. That work I am certain is being done. Either by UK gov labs and or at NVAX but it is getting done. Inquiring minds want to know. This is a great landscape/battlefield for NVAX to lay down some clearing fire. The question is a couple of machine gun passes or a whole scale Apocalypse Now napalm attack (show 95% efficacy against new variant) using sequencing of all PCR positives and most placebo + are variant strain. I would ask our trial model timelines to ask this question of your data. What number of the events will be ‘variant strain’ if it represents 40% at first week of events and becomes 70% as of Dec 1. It appears we are approaching the variant being at 90% in areas where it is found and that area is largely overlapping the current spread of isolates. The large increase we see in cases is not a post thanksgiving event they don’t have thanksgiving. It appears to be a measure of a vastly increased spread via this variants new aggression. Any data suggesting 2373 efficacy against this isolate is big big news. Any bad news about this strain escaping vaccines and it could be hard on all vaccine companies. Anyone shows an advantage there and that’s a big big win.

Me pierdo con estos movimientos de GAVI/COVAX pero según dice un usano USA ha aportado 3B $ adicionales que suman un total de 10B $ de fondos para COVAX y Novavax es el primer fabricante...

Usano comenta

“US was the ONLY country not participating in COVAX. So the pressure to step up and be the global leader was intense. The current funding is $6 BILLION for low and middle income countries. This US $4 BILLION brings it to $10 BILLLION.

Novavax is the top vaccine in the COVAX facility along with AstraZeneca, which has recently stumbled. So Novavax is in the envied pole position!”

Noticia oficial:

• Global Health: Democrats secured an additional $3.36 billion for a total of $4 billion for GAVI, the international vaccine alliance, recognizing that we are not truly safe until the whole world is safe from the coronavirus.

A mí me está recordando un poco el tema a marzo. Hay muchos que dicen que es noticia para que caigan los mercados tras futuros. Pudiera ser, pero los movimientos políticos (cierre de fronteras y reuniones urgentes) en un abrir y cerrar de ojos del día de ayer no son normales.

Menudo kaos hay montado en el canal de la mancha, se está hablando ya de pérdidas millonarias. Asi que.....no creo que sea para asustar al personal.

Puede que haya algo más de fondo pero creo que es mayormente un principio de precaución.

Salen noticias de una cepa 70% más contagiosa y los infectados suben como la espuma en la zona donde es más acusada. Pues lo más lógico es lo que están haciendo todos, cerrar esa vía de entrada por si acaso.

Se ha dicho desde febrero, en estos casos es mejor pecar por exceso de paranoico. Si no, ya es muy tarde. Como hemos visto. Igual algunos gobiernos han aprendido a las malas.
Te puede interesar...
  1. Tech insostenible, Wall Street confía en la rotación sectorial
  2. Carteras Crecimiento y Conservador. MAYO 2024.
  3. Valoraciones, expectativas de beneficios y “Pain Trade”.
  1. Tech insostenible, Wall Street confía en la rotación sectorial
  2. Valoraciones, expectativas de beneficios y “Pain Trade”.
Brokers destacados