Farmas USA

135K respuestas
Farmas USA
86 suscriptores
Farmas USA
Página
1.217 / 16.990

Re: Farmas USA

Políticos cutres para lo que esta señorita y lo que es su padre, es casi un apelativo cariñoso.
Esta persona lleva desde los 28 años de senadora, vamos que tiene una vida plagada de éxitos profesionales en el entorno laboral antes de dedicarse a la vida política y seguro que no está donde está por ser hija de quien es.

Saludos

VVUS

Alguien va a tomar posiciones / ha tomado posiciones en "la competencia" ?

FDA el martes, y hoy viene con +2.59% en el pre. Tecnicamente tiene un soporte bastante consolidado

Rebote,, rebote, rebote.....
Como me gustan los rebotes

no se deja coger la puñetera

ZLCS presentara resultados a finales del 3 trimestre ( agosto ) ,leedlo aquí y info sobre AMRN

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11615140/1/biotech-stock-mailbag-zalicus-amarin.html

Biotech
Biotech Stock Mailbag: Zalicus, Amarin
By Adam Feuerstein 07/13/12 - 06:14 AM EDTAdd Comment
Stock quotes in this article:AMRN, ZLCS, GSK 
Tweet
inShare

BOSTON (TheStreet) --I have a lot more to say about Amarin(AMRN) in this week's Biotech Stock Mailbag. The Hostile React-o-Meter spun outta control (!!!) in response to my column Wednesday discussing the high-level meeting that took place in June between FDA and Amarin executives.

More from Adam Feuerstein
June Meeting Between Amarin and FDA May Have Decided Fate of Fish-Oil PillArena Pharma's Weight-Loss Pill Has Few Fans in Japan
Real Money Previews
Invest Like the Pros in Other Asset Classes
You may not be privy to hot real estate deals, but these stocks let you synthesize those trades.
Sozzi: Do Your Homework Early
This Editor's Choice piece takes a look at three atypical back-to-school investment prospects.
Kass: Au Revoir, Optimism
Investor sentiment is understandably low and will likely remain so for some time.
Before I dive back into Amarin, however, let's discuss Zalicus(ZLCS) and the announcement that's expected soon of results from a mid-stage study of its rheumatoid arthritis drug Synavive.

@delta4_98 tweets, "Adam, I am curious to hear your opinion on ZLCS Synavive AR."

Zalicus was formerly known as CombinatoRx, and as the old name implies, the company believed combining old, generic and seemingly disparate drugs into a single pill could yield new treatments for a variety of diseases.

Synavive, also known as CRX-102, combines a low dose of prednisone, a commonly used and cheap steroid, with dipyridamole, a drug first approved in 1961 that is usually prescribed along with other drugs to prevent blood clots after heart surgery.

Prednisone is a standard therapy for rheumatoid arthritis patients along with other medications to reduce the painful swelling of joints. The idea behind Synavive is that dipyridamole and prednisone act synergistically, allowing a lower dose of prednisone in the combo pill to be just as effective and better tolerated compared to the higher dose of the steroid prescribed today.

Zalicus will be announcing top-line results from a phase IIb study of Synavive in the third quarter, most likely in August. The study enrolled 250 patients with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis and randomizes them to one of five treatments: Synavive (2.7 mg prednisone/360 mg dipyridamole), dipyridamole alone, prednisone (2.7 mg) alone, prednisone (5 mg) alone or a placebo.

The study lasts for 12 weeks, after which patients will be assessed for response using the Disease Activity Score in 28 Joints (DAS28), a common efficacy measure used in rheumatoid arthritis clinical trials.

Obviously, Synavive shouldn't have a tough time beating placebo so the more important comparison will be Synavive's activity compared against the drug's individual components and the 5 mg dose of prednisone. The latter is probably the most important hurdle in this phase II trial. Prednisone literally costs pennies per pill, so if Synavive can't demonstrate better efficacy with fewer side effects, its commercial potential dwindles to nothing.

Add Comment
Tweet
inShare

1 2 3 4 5 6 7Last »Next ›
Don't Run Out of Money In Retirement
If you have a $500,000 portfolio, download the retirement guide from Fisher Investments and discover how you can use insights from our research and analysis in your portfolio right now. Click Here to Download Your Guide! Click Here to Download
More from TheStreet
1 Falling Stock to Buy, 2 Dying Stocks to Sell
2 Stocks to Buy, 1 to Sell Because the Wealthy Rule America
June Meeting Between Amarin and FDA May Have Decided Fate of Fish-Oil Pill
Arena Pharma's Weight-Loss Pill Has Few Fans in Japan
Onyx Pharma Must Start Delivering Profits
From Around the Web
iPad Mini photos leak, landing this month? (uSwitch.com)
The Top 5 Apps for Your SmartPhone (Coupon Shoe Box)
World's 10 Most Beautiful Airport Terminals (Frommer's)
Intravenous Vitamin C – Natural Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy Agent Extraordinaire (Envita)
Why stocks may be even riskier than you think (The Mesh Report)
[?]

TheStreet Premium Services
Compare All Services
Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS:Trade right alongside a Wall Street pro — enjoy access to his Charitable Trust portfolio and be sent trade alerts BEFORE he makes a move. Learn MoreLogin
Options Profits:Get 50+ trade ideas a week from the industry's top options experts. Plus — exclusive commentary on market trends and essential trading tools. Learn MoreLogin
Real Money:Our team of professional Wall Street Pros — including Jim Cramer, Doug Kass, and Nicholas Vardy — delivers intelligent analysis, timely trade ideas, and colorful commentary. Learn MoreLogin
Stocks Under $10:Break into the market with small- and mid-cap stocks... all $10 or less! David Peltier tells you exactly which low-priced stocks he's buying and selling. Learn MoreLogin
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
blog comments powered by DISQUS
Like No

Post as …

D
50 minutes ago
<<<<[Funny, when I write positive stories about Amarin, no one complains... so weird.]>>>>>>

No Adam just negative speculation. Your last post definitly had a negative spin to it and it was quite obvious that the market thought so , as reflected by selloff. I even lightened up 3K shares out of my 15K just in case I missed something. I don't spook eaisily, Not happy! 
You have a responsibiliity to hold to facts unless you enjoy more lawsiuts as in the ARNA lawsuit.

Clayton Mckenzie
2 hours ago
Great read Adam. You know the story, stock goes down, some people need someone to blame. Stock goes up everything is all rosy. Enjoy reading your articles, keep up the good work.

Patentsituation
5 minutes ago
I looked up Orange Book-- It shows Lovaza got NCE in 2004. So if they got for 5 years--It should have expired in 2009.
            Am I correct?  Your wordings said-they have NCE--which could mean currently.

Patentsituation
8 minutes ago
Adam,
         If you have time--take poll about NCE-of diffrent security analysts--like Jeffries,Leerink Swan,MKM partners and others. That will be nice--against your opinion of 6 out of 10.

Patentsituation
13 minutes ago
Adam,
        Best article you have ever written.Thanks.
                  Why Best?
          You address different issues clearly with facts and your opinion.Using scale is important as the words in previous article were worriesome. 6 out 10 is still worriesome--but comments by others provide your as well as other opinions.
                NCE--Orange book--will be known in mid Aug.2012 according to Jon LeCroy of MKM partners.This Orange book is published once per month. Amarin is not notified--they have to look up Orange book --which we all can do. So Adam --please let us know when it happens or does not happen.
               Thanks--Keep up great job--difficult job--   

Proud American
35 minutes ago
The only time I find anything you write is somewhat useful , is when you are actually tweeting from an ADCOM. That is one positive sign about your career as a journalist..

BuggyFunBunny
38 minutes ago
It's BuggyFunBunny, how difficult is that?  And thanks for clearing up the Lovaza issue.  It clearly matters.

First Namejohn
43 minutes ago
the tone is disrespetful and tries to influentiate negativity in zlcs investors.

Babu
51 minutes ago
I think you should not take people comments seriously. It is your opinion on the events that happened recently. I have read your other articles on AMRN and most of them were +ve, but this was -ve. when someone who writes so +ve note and suddenly changes to a -ve tone, your followers will surely hate you. That is human nature. But I regret the whole -ve words that people use. They all might have 100% of their portfolio with just AMRN and frustrated to see the reality. I am very very long on AMRN, but I have points to take away from your article. It makes sense that every company will not always have all good news...there is some -ve news too. Everything is not gold....

Arthur
1 hour ago
Adam,I wish I listened to you about Adventrex, I am long AMRN and did not find article negative. Maybe
some just like to have a reason to complain regardless. I would say on the average your right 90%
of the time, one of the 10% was ARNA so we all can't be 100%. 

pues lo que baja VVUS es lo que sube ARNA s2!

Hoy si, pero no tienen mucha correlacion en el ultimo mes

Brokers destacados