Acceder

Alexis Tsipras open letter to the Germans what they were never told about Greece

0 respuestas
Alexis Tsipras open letter to the Germans what they were never told about Greece

|

Most of you, dear readers Handesblatt, have a preconceived idea about that of which treated this article before even reading it. I beg you not to succumb to such preconceptions. Prejudice has never been a good guide, especially during periods of economic crisis reinforces stereotypes and generates ignorance, nationalism and even violence.

In 2010, the Greek state was no longer able to pay its debts. Unfortunately, European leaders decided to pretend that the problem could be overcome by higher loan history on condition of fiscal austerity, with mathematical precision, sink domestic revenues that allowed the payment of both the previous and the new debt . Thus, an insolvency problem was solved as if it were a case of lack of liquidity.

In other words, Europe adopted the tactics of the worst bankers who refuse to recognize loans wrong and prefer to grant new to the insolvent entity, so that they can pretend that the original loan is working, when really what it does is extend bankruptcy in the future. It did not take more than common sense even see that the application of the tactic of "extend and pretend" take my country to a tragic state. So, instead of stabilizing Greece, Europe was creating the circumstances for a feedback crisis that undermines the foundations of Europe itself.

My party, and I personally, we opposed frontally loan May 2010 not because of you, citizens of Germany, did not give us enough money, but because they gave too much more than they should have been granted, and our government accepted more , much more than he was entitled to accept. Money that, in any case, neither helped the Greek people (that was being thrown into the black hole of unsustainable debt) nor interrupted the excessive growth of the national debt, and all at a great cost to the Greek and German taxpayers.

In fact, even before it happened a year had already occurred and, since before 2011 and beyond, our predictions were confirmed. The combination of new and gigantic loans choking cuts in public spending not only failed to control the debt, but also punished the weakest citizens, making people who until then had lived a moderate and modest existence, in poor and beggars , denying, above all, dignity. The collapse in revenues led to the ruin of thousands of companies, reinforcing the oligopolistic power of large surviving firms. So, prices have been falling, but more slowly than salaries and wages, depressing demand for goods and services, and destroying nominal incomes while debt continued its inexorable growth. In this scenario, the deficit of hope raced uncontrollably, before we could realize the "serpent's egg" hatched, with the result of neo-Nazi gangs patrolling our neighborhoods, spreading their message of hate.

Despite the apparent failure of the logic of "extend and pretend" this still has continued until today. The second "rescue" Greek, applied in the spring of 2012, added another huge loan on the weak shoulders of Greek taxpayers, spraying our social security reserve fund and a ruthless new kleptocracy.

Reputable analysts have recently referred to the stabilization of Greece, even signs of growth. Unfortunately, the "griecuperación" is a mirage that we must avoid as soon as possible. The recent modest real GDP growth at around 0.7% does not signal the end of the recession (as has been declared) but rather its continuation. Think about it: The same official sources give, for the same quarter, an inflation rate of -1.80%. Ie deflation. This means that the growth of real GDP 0.7% due to a negative growth rate of nominal GDP! In other words, what has happened it is that prices are falling faster than nominal national income. Not exactly a cause to proclaim an end to six years of recession!

Let me tell you that this unfortunate attempt to create a new version of the "Greek statistics", with the aim of declaring end the current crisis in Greece, is an insult to all Europeans, at least, deserve the truth about Greece and Europe. I'll be frank: the Greek debt is now unsustainable and will never be back, especially when Greece is undergoing a constant tax suffocation. Insistence on such policies end, and the denial of simple arithmetic, costing the German taxpayer a lot, while at the same time, condemns a proud European nation to permanent indignity. And what is worse, at this rate, sooner rather than later, the Germans go against the Greeks, the Greeks against the Germans and, unsurprisingly, the European ideal will suffer catastrophic failure.

Germany, in particular the mighty German workers have nothing to fear from the victory of SYRIZA. Our goal is not to face our partners. There is secure larger loans or, equivalently, larger deficits. Our aim is rather to stabilize the country, balanced budgets and, of course, stop squeezing Greek taxpayers as part of a loan that is simply unpayable. We are committed to ending the logic of "extend and pretend" but not against the Germans but from a perspective of mutual benefits to all Europeans.

Dear readers, I understand that after "demand" that our government fulfills all "contractual obligations", the fear that if you let us Greeks some space to recover, back to old bad habits and hides . I recognize and respect this concern. However, let me tell you it was not SYRIZA which incubated kleptocracy now pretends yearning for "reforms" as long as these "reforms" do not affect their ill-gotten privileges We are ready and we want to introduce deep reforms, for which we seek a mandate voters naturally in cooperation with our European partners.

Our goal is to create a European New Deal, in which our people can breathe, create and live in dignity.

A great opportunity for Europe is to be born in Greece on 25 January. An opportunity that Europe can not afford to lose.

Source : http://syriza.net.gr/index.php/en/pressroom/253-open-letter-to-the-german-readers-that-which-you-were-never-told-about-greece

Te puede interesar...
  1. El informe de empleo USA advierte. ¿Por qué Buffett prefiere efectivo?
  2. Deuda, inflación y tipos marcarán la pauta de los mercados
  1. El informe de empleo USA advierte. ¿Por qué Buffett prefiere efectivo?
  2. Deuda, inflación y tipos marcarán la pauta de los mercados